Tuesday 1 June 2010

Touchy feely texture

Sorry about the problems with Mr Linky last week everyone, thank you for sharing your great men's cards in the comments and later with our great new inlinkz tool so great to see your work on the page. Some great ideas you all shared again, who says men's cards are difficult to do? It's so exciting visiting you all and seeing all your different styles and takes on a theme.

This week is all about texture, time to get out those fibres and ribblers and pastes you have tucked away. For me (Zoe) texture adds so much dimension to a piece not necessarily touch but the illusion of texture. Try brushing Rangers Daubers over wet PVA glue it will crack in line with the brush strokes! great effect but still smooth to stamp on. So while you are recovering from the Bank Holiday and keeping the family occupied for half term - sympathy to those of you with youngsters in the middle of their GCSE's - have a play with what ever you have to hand and get away from it all with some touchy feely craftin'.

We have a great prize this week from Tanda Stamps just leave a link to them in your post to be in the random draw.


Exciting news to share with you our very own Michelle is a published designer, check out the July issue of Craft Stamper to see Michelle's beautiful Oriental ATCs themed around Haiku poems she and her brother composed.


Take care and have fun.






 






Michelle


We have a winner for last week 
congratulations to Courtney
at  
http://atouchofpink-courtney.blogspot.com
 
we would love you to join us in the Guest Designer spot one week please drop us a line on the email link if you're up for it!




21 comments:

  1. I wonder who xxx is, congrats on being a winner. And this challenge is awesome cant wait to get to work on it. The dt card with the window with curtain, wow, never saw anything like that, wonderful. All the dt's cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work by the DT and fantastic challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the DT work - think I may have bought that bracelet with the idea of 'altering' it too. Must visit blog for details - it looks so cool.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have now added link to Tanda - sorry I'd forgotten all about that - thanks for reminding me.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab challenge, just added my piece xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know you are enjoying the fun. Thanks Ann for adding your link I'm putting up the prize of £18 odd of Tanda Stamps with a link in your post you might well be the lucky winner. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've added a link to Tanda stamps too. The site was in pounds so I didn't know if other countries were included in the shipping ;)

    Loving all the cards and wish I could comment but trying to fend off my friends dog while I type makes for hard going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous DT samples ... all so touchy-feely gorgeous!

    Thanks for another fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge and have now also linked to you great sponsor Tandastamps in my blog. Thankyou Zoe for reminding me :-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful challenge. Everyone's cards were so inspiring. I love texture! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello
    It is the first time I took part in you challenge.
    It's great!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Heidi-Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having linked my card, Zoe reminded me mention Tanda with a link - I've done that now - my cards are here x

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for a great challenge - I made an altered CD album for a grad gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks again - I have added a link to Tanda Stamps on my CD album entry. Awesome products too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely challenge and great DT work x

    ReplyDelete
  18. great work posted here definitely given me some ideas and a great challenge !! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the heads up on the Tanda stamps link.... I have now posted one. Have used their stamps a lot in the past, excellent value for money and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I just about managed to squeeze my textured piece in even if if is not quite finished lol!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've added the link to Tanda. Sorry that I forgot all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x